#15   ^
Old Tue, Dec-19-23, 08:58

Plan: Carnivore & LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
Currently its use seems to imply that the problem is not someone’s fault because it resides in the body, and furthermore this often leads to the assumption that the only way to fix it is with a physical agent like a medication.

The medical profession did it to themselves pushing the food pyramid. I put on an extra 100 pounds eating "healthy carbs" and counting calories, which never kept my weight and moods stable or predictable.

So when the medical profession slammed Dr. Atkins, who had real science all through his book, I was willing to try something different. Sounds weird, but 20 years ago there was only ONE way to eat healthy, and it was wrong for everyone.

So I'm not surprised anyone who suffered through the "you must be doing it wrong" phase was willing to not listen to them at all. The pretty people with the easy payment system looked (literally) better to them. Supposedly, you could get your money back.

And the stories we heard about doctors and dieticians and diabetic coaches who visibly didn't do well on these regimens, either.