#7   ^
Old Wed, Nov-29-23, 15:28

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
Actually, they want instant results without effort.

The frantic market in the new GLP-1 antagonists (Wegovy, Mounjaro, etc) tells us all we need to know.

In fairy tales, a great price is always asked for the most powerful magic. All these people celebrating "I'm not hungry!" are going to have to work twice as hard to replace that muscle. And if they are nauseated from the undigested food in their system, that effort will be even less attractive.

Why do we even HAVE these kinds of drugs for diabetes? We know what causes it, and we know what fixes it. All this money for what does not cure... but does enable.

Sure, WLS and the drugs all try for the same thing, which is brute forcing behavior which makes their labs look better. But I no longer see jiggered lab results as having the same impact on health as getting those numbers better from actual nutrition.

Most toddlers go through a fussy stage, and want to fall back on five basic goodies to eat. Part of parenting is getting them to try new things. Some of which they will like.

Thanks to the "let them eat cake" attitude of today's baby food manufacturers, SCURVY has come back. And doctors take forever to diagnose it because they have never heard of it.

If it keeps up, they will put vitamin C in the food and move on to profits.

All true, WB. I believe that Hava is attempting to differentiate themselves from this ferris wheel of dieting by having a tool that won't cause health issues, will not attempt to battle with the food manufacturers, and is simply a mirror to every human identifying those foods that are healthy and satiating for them. Andreas stated as much when he refused to go after the food manufacturers, and that's wise, as we all know, that's been a losing battle. So, why even fight it? Same with the latest weight loss drugs. The full story has yet to be told on the decisions to prescribe and take the GLP-1s. That's the current new shiny toy to make weight loss easy, and that's what most people want. Unfortunately, eating in a way that is metabolically healthy takes some learning where results don't happen overnight, and I'm curious about how people will respond.