#16   ^
Old Thu, Oct-19-23, 04:45

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calianna
But until and unless LC/keto becomes a trending dietary habit for a much larger segment of the population, that's not likely to happen any time soon.

Yes, "KETO" labeled stuff is still in the diet food aisle. Though everything in the meat department should have it

But I also gave some thoughts to the viability of a keto restaurant, and the prices need not inevitably be higher. They could have cauliflower mashed, or the regular. Expensive produce compared to potatoes though, manageable through smaller portions. Because good fat, tasty fat, is also expensive.

The best I could come up with is the price of our local steak and eggs, and I skip the hash browns and toast. I've conference-eaten and sat there with strangers around and my plate sitting there with the bread. I learned to throw it away, right away, because people would have feelings about it. Everyone else could leave half the sandwich and no one would say a word.

I was only doing the same, but the VIBE. Which illustrates how unthinking most people are about their food choices. And any change would lower the amount of what they are addicted to! Which is how all of us suffered so long with the portion control part, right?

I believe sugar is addicting. But I'm starting to think that crossing the barrier into UPF Level Four makes the body even more confused about the source of the substance it must have. To the point where they eat more and more of the fake food.

Where is this stuff lurking in the three part macros my app is tracking? I can scan the most processed food and it will come up carb heavy... but how much of that is REAL carbs? REAL fat and protein, in the sense my body recognizes it as such.

You see where this goes. There is the body thinking something real is not, and mayhem happens. Or the body recognizes it's toxic, and tries to get rid of it. Either way, confusion. Which is not a good thing in biology.

However, we all know how difficult it is to not only embark on a lifestyle change, but also the challenge of picking one. It has a great deal to do with how well we will stick with it, so we are herded into choosing from only the ways that are popular.

And that, too, might be artificial. It might not be for everyone, but it also might not be for anyone.
Sponsored Links