#11   ^
Old Thu, Apr-21-22, 07:11

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLx
That's the headline in the NYT, which I don't subscribe to anymore and apparently, you don't even get one free article! Anyway, I assume it is this study (of a pretty small group of people) they are referring to:

C
Quote:
ONCLUSIONS
Among patients with obesity, a regimen of time-restricted eating was not more beneficial with regard to reduction in body weight, body fat, or metabolic risk factors than daily calorie restriction.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2114833

This jibes with what Dr. Attia said in that podcast.

It's fascinating how journalists with no ability other than to form words and summarize a study can unintentionally distort the issues. I know that cutting calories for me is not sustainable, slows my metabolism, and causes cravings that are hard to resist and lead to poor food choices. When I eat healthy whole food that doesn't spike my blood glucose, I can eat in a small window of time without any of the other issues and get the benefits of stable blood glucose and autophagy. It took a bit of time to adapt, but I've been doing it for years with much success. Where can people find that information from the large media sources?