View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Apr-16-22, 17:31

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

JL, There are about 20 pages in the PE book all about TRE, so Dr Naiman has a long list of benefits beyond weight loss by keeping his insulin and glucose low, improves metabolism, immune system, mindful eating, etc. Based on your ideal weight, your goal is "only" 130 g. protein. A medium can of salmon is 43g protein, full of good nutrition.

For dressings, Dr Naiman suggests a splash of an acid, sherry vinegar is his favorite, or lemon juice, or some side dishes show a "drizzle" of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Not much fat is required as you adjust to leaner proteins and limited added fats. A small amount of Avocado and yogurt make good replacements for mayonnaise.

Teaser, This is a big change from Dr Attia's use of extended fasts not long ago. He and his typical client, already fit and a good weight, add fasting but end up losing 5 pounds of lean mass, not fat. He admitted someone with 100 ponds to lose would still benefit. I haven’t followed Dr Attia or Fung for a few years when I realized the benefits to me from two high protein meals a day, a 16 hour daily fast is perfect for me, so stopped reading about fasting

And from my new favorite podcaster:

Quote:
Post by Andrew Huberman, PhD, Huberman Labs

There is nothing inherently better about intermittent fasting vs. caloric restriction except the glaring truth: most people find it easier not to eat for a period of time than to eat small portions. It is all about dopamine. Ignoring the neural side of nutrition is a mistake.

In fact, many people who do intermittent fasting come to enjoy the non-feeding phase & enjoy food more. Again, it’s dopaminergic. Do as you wish & is healthiest for you but skip the fasting vs X debates online; they miss that it’s not all about nutrients. It’s about adherence.