View Single Post
  #275   ^
Old Sat, Jan-22-22, 11:22

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all!

Checking in from DE. I am just beginning to feel slightly human, but it will take a couple of days to recover, honestly. I was pretty darn broken by the time I left and then a 12 hour drive on top of that. Also, the entire first day of driving, 10 hours, was in rain. AND on top of that, I crossed the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel for the first time. YOU GUYS. OMG. I have not crossed that before and the length of it is POSITIVELY INSANE. It is 17.6 MILES LONG. I don't have a fear of bridges or anything and eventually I did have some fear start to bubble up. I played a word game out loud to distract myself as the endless water, plus wind and rain really started getting to me. Thank goodness it hadn't started snowing yet or I really probably would have started to actually panic a little bit.

Anyway, I'm at the DE house, here with Hubby. Very good to see him as it feels like ages since I had. I had purchased tickets to a Dueling Magicians show at a local theater in Delaware and we were able to go out to dinner and go to that. It was fun and we enjoyed it.

I am going on a hardcore week long, super basic carnivore stint. My body is a WRECK. Not just weight gain but crazy inflammation from stress, poor sleep in numerous places, a ton of driving etc. My gut is just wrecked, I'm snoring which only happens when I am really a mess AND over a certain weight and I feel like absolute crap. So starting this morning, a big time detox with only bacon, butter, beef, eggs, salt and pepper and some locally ground plain sausage. After a handful of days I will look to add in some fairly plain chicken as well. No other spices, no vegetables, no fruit, no grains, no sugars and sugar subs of any kind. I did put a bit of heavy cream in my coffee and we'll see if I continue that or not. I should eliminate it also but honestly, just doing what I will be doing should be very helpful in and off itself.

Hopefully this reset will help me to start to feel better and rest my gut. Meanwhile, I am sure I will have a wicked detox for a few days. If I'm really desperate maybe a bit of broth to get over that hump.. we'll see.

Dh and I will be going to Austin in February for a few days. My Dad is having a surprise dinner for my stepmom's birthday. They are both getting up there, in their mid 80s, and it has been a long while since we have flown out there instead of them coming to us. That's in about three weeks.

My mom and her husband are an absolute mess. I can't even conceive of what all needs to be done. For today and tomorrow, I am ignoring it.

Lori- Very excited for your trip with your sister. That will be wonderful for you both and so nice to escape the cold together!

I too did not realize how long Betty's hair is. So nice of you to care for her like you do.

Trig- You are so sweet with your Mom and taking care of her. I thought of you as I was crammed into a shower with my Mom in GA. Ha, didn't mean that as it sounds!

I hope your sinus stuff lets up soon.

Jaz- So did you rule out Raleigh, or is it still in play? Do you have a deadline in your mind for when you would need to land a job if you can? I seriously cannot believe we are approaching the end of January. I feel like I have lost the month almost completely. Like, New Year came and went and then time just vaporized.

Anyway, hugs to all!