View Single Post
  #201   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-22, 09:54

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

Lori- I am right with you doing laundry! You can come clean the bathroom though!!!! HAHAHAHA - haha- I will even try some chip dip minus the chips!

Did you ever reorder those shorts in a smaller size?
I forgot what part of FL you are going to.

TRIG- I was wondering about your mom's shoes! There is a new pair of orthotic SLIPPER she might like. On amazon- Almost got a pair myself!

Glad to know though she is all good! - Hey I am hating STORES right now. Long lines, out of everything, and lets not forget $$$$$$ outta sight for junk!
It is not getting better. Tighten the belt we are in for a ride the next year.........

NIC- Hope you are having a cozy time! Does DS go back to his digs on Sat?
------------------------------------------------------------
I SWEAR I would not know what to do if my life was DRAMA FREE......

So, this cottage has a sweet little screened porch that Rugar loves to go sit and watch the birds, stray cats and squirrels. I scanned it for anything he could chew, eat, trouble. So far so good until THIS morning.
I left him there for 5 FIVE FIVE minutes to pee and came back to pull a raisin from his mouth. He sucked on it a few minutes.

So I googled this and FREAKED out. ONE raisin can be lethal. I called the vet.

They told me there was nothing at this point they can do as he didn't SWALLOW it. HOWEVER, he probably got enough "juice that will make him pretty sick in the next 24 hours.

Then they said to watch for vomiting, unable to pee and lethargy to bring him in. Then they said that dogs that develop symptoms only have a 50/50 % of surviving as they go into renal- then systemic organ failure. Treatment is IV fluids for 3-4 days at 1500.00 day and then it's not a sure thing. 50/50. They said they wanted me to know upfront, so IF I had to run him in quick no surprises.

They even said Euthanasia would be an option. THAT SENT ME OVER THE LEDGE. WHO says that right off the rip. I started crying and she said she wanted me prepared. Yet I look at him right now and he is happy as can be. I just can't "go there"

I am beside myself. I am just "waiting". I just can't go though that again with this pup. It would be the end of me. ONE STINKING raisin. Dr. Google is not giving me warm and fuzzies on this either.
But they can't induce vomiting if he didn't SWALLOW it.
I just have to wait. Systems start 6-12 hours after ingestion.

Unbelievable! - I am just now on pins and needles for the next 2 days and then if we get past that point I will feel pretty good about it! Fingers crossed. Sighhhhhhhh I swear he must have gotten it behind the couch!

Other news- I am staying here though March 1st. Takes some pressure off to scramble for another place at end of month. I am really working to find something that would be a good fit work wise.

I heard a guy on TV yesterday doing a motivation for the day. WAIT FOR WHAT YOU REALLY WANT. He was talking about relationships. but it easy be applied to life choices as well ya know!

Gotta run out and get a few things at the grocery! wearing a mask again as LOTS of covid here!

Stay well, Stay happy, and enjoy your day!!!!!!