View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-21, 10:01

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

When I took the online test, it was spot on.

I actually took that test AFTER reading the book. They matched results.

The book is far more detailed. Many chapters devoted to getting the right diagnosis, then treatment options cover ing meds, OTC and other specialized treatments.

The key is to explore options until you find your own personal best. BUT follow his advice because the brain can be hurt if wrong treatment is chosen.

Fortunately I watched my son closely and treated the low seratonin then the low dopamine. It's a balancing act. Seratonin can be boosted by a number of options, we chose a pill.

The kids that flip out on Ritalin.....remember that scare?....is because the low seratonin level was ignored.

To this day I watch for low seratonin behavior as my son doesn't take those pills to boost seratonin. He uses other options to make himself happy like playing online games with 5-6 buddies and now with the Covid restrictions lifted, they meet in person for a few hours, ya late hours , 8-11 pm.

Food is key..... My son general eats a pile of beef and veggies, and when potatoes are dug, a pile of mashed potatoes. He is one to naturally fast as when he is busy, food is last in line. 😆

Another caution with prescription ADD meds is that it can affect sleep..... Getting to sleep. It's all a balancing act with brain hormones.