Old Thu, Dec-31-20, 03:52
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
Anyone know more about how they handle this in their marriage? It's hard enough to try to get my hubby to cut down on carbs. I can't imagine living with a "mostly vegetarian."
That'd be a good question to ask him. I'm sure many people are in that boat where their spouse or teenager wants to "go veg/*n".

My ex of 10 years was vegetarian... involuntarily. He had IBS and any time he tried actual meat/chicken/etc, he'd get extreme gut distress. He could handle broth, eggs and dairy, though. I was the 'chef' so it was actually pretty easy. His staples were egg and cheese sandwiches, veggie dogs/facon/etc, and when I made soup or chili, I'd just do it in two separate sauce pans. I had a couple of easy dry meat replacers on the shelf: TVP, and this other dry soy stuff that you just had to soak in liquid and it was like chicken slices. I avoided eating most of that garbage myself, but at least he got protein.

Fast forward to now... DH doesn't overeat at all and doesn't have a serious weight problem (just a bit on the TOFI side), and he's not into pasta or junk food, so I just try to keep the carbohydrate to a minimum and he's fine with it. He's one of those oddball metabolically-healthy people... for now.