#753   ^
Old Sun, Oct-18-20, 15:38

Plan: Intermittent fast/Lowcarb
Stats: 251/199/180 Male 5 ft 10 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

Cardio: 50 trips, two stairs at a time.

155 avg heart rate, time 34:15

I've been trying out a different Polar heart rate monitor (HRM)wristband. The original one is a Polar F1 that has one button and just displays your heart rate. Which I liked - a lot.

Then I came across a Polar A3 wristband for super cheap. It works with the same chest transmitter, and has some added features. It's dual-purpose - works as a watch and a heart monitor. I gave it a go. It just adds unnecessary complexity that distracts from exercising. Can't say I am thrilled with that, so I'm going back to the F1.

One thing I noticed today doing stairs is that since the F1 only displays heart rate, I paid more attention to that. Since I was paying closer attention to my heart rate than the gizmo, I realized is that the last 20 trips up the stairs have to be managed quite a bit.

By the time I've gone 30 trips, the old bod is pretty stressed. The speed of the trips up need to be gauged, and a 3-5 second rest at the bottom is usually a good idea during the last 10 sets. At least at this point in time. It may improve with less weight and improving cardio fitness. We shall have to see how it plays out.

Right now I'm just happy to have done (almost) two back-to-back Empire State Building elevation climbs.