View Single Post
  #236   ^
Old Sat, Aug-15-20, 17:38

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Oddly enough, in the county where I live, there have actually been more females than males die from covid, and the vast majority of deaths have occured in those over the age of 60. However, our numbers are skewed by the fact that we have a LOT of care facilities (assisted living, nursing homes, group homes) in our county, and it seems that there are generally far more female residents in those facilities than male (particularly nursing homes and elder assisted living, because most of the men died at a younger age), so naturally when one individual in a care facility contracts it, it spreads readily.

So that's the background of why we have more female covid deaths than male in this county. But you still need to consider what they're being fed in those places - always low fat (which is inherently high carb), not much protein either.

Before I retired from the grocery store last year, I occasionally had a
"chef" from one of the local nursing homes who would come in and buy large amounts of certain breakfast foods for his facility. His order always contained cartons of liquid egg whites, lots of bread, orange juice, and apple juice. If he was serving pancakes, french toast, or waffles, there would be lots of sugary fake "maple" syrup. Everything else he bought for the nursing home was low fat or fat free, such as fat free half and half, and reduced fat margarine. I'm sure this is the standard so-called "healthy" diet fed to care facility residents, so it's no wonder that nursing home residents have so little resistance to this virus. They're not in good shape, or they wouldn't be in a nursing home to begin with, and a lot of them are diabetic or pre-diabetic. But when they're fed this pitiful nearly-all carb diet with little to no fat, and not nearly enough protein, it's no wonder they have so little resistance to covid.