#14   ^
Old Fri, May-22-20, 03:57

Plan: Carnivore & LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 043ched
Thanks. I had to look up level 4 carnivore, and it seems to mean testing your response to meats other than beef, eggs, dairy and coffee/tea. Have you noticed any change in your hunger as you went through the levels?

Since I've done this, and I'm over a year into Carnivore, I can say yes, hunger changes.

When I was moving up from green tea, coconut oil, beef, and salt, I added things ONE at a time over days. And one of the signs of a food which is bad for you can be cravings and messed up hunger signals.

BIG responses, like my body to lectins (!) are easy to spot. I feel like I've been poisoned, and I basically have.

But others are more subtle. I added some shredded cabbage, and it seemed to go okay. That became a staple, at a sort of condiment level, with pork. But when I found a good source for ground pork at a low price, I ate it more; and my cabbage and leafy greens consumption began to ratchet up. I kept adding more to the plate.

It got to the point that my fiber intolerance kicked in, and I stopped eating cabbage and leafy greens entirely. And my odd cravings and hunger prodding also went away. The kind of thing that makes you prowl the kitchen because you are vaguely hungry but not enough for a meal.

As Kristine and deirdra pointed out, this can be different for everyone. From what you describe, I'd try a meal that is just beef and salt, and see how that goes for satiety signals. Warning you that, at first, it can be a LOT.

I would have a meal of a pound of grass-fed hamburger. I'd eat the whole thing and be very satisfied, and that would be my one meal of the day. Now, I'd be more likely to break the same thing into two meals. But what had always held me back from Carnivore previously was the size of the meals I seemed to want: but they were all meat, and this was what my body needed. I had a huge deficit to make up, perhaps

It's not just the hunger signal that says "stop eating." It's also the hunger signal that goes away, and stays away, for long periods.