View Single Post
  #670   ^
Old Mon, Apr-06-20, 18:33

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all,

Checking in. Slacker reporting! LOL You made me laugh out loud, Jaz. Too funny! And Lori was excused! HA!

Well, I would love to report that yesterday was an amazing day of meeting all my new goals but that would be a lie. It started out well, got a lot done and limited screen time, was watching what I was eating (within reason) and then BOOM, Mama pretty much started losing her crap around 5pm.

It was just too much.

Clearly my coping skills are pretty much maxed out right now and adding several goals in at once is just not going to happen right now. I hit a wall and hard. As much as I like my people, having people around 24/7 and adding in other restrictions at the same time is clearly a no go. I need what escapes I have as coping mechanisms and without them I was a pure mess.

That is not to say it will stay that way, but that is very much the way it is right now.

So, respecting that mental declaration (read: freak out) from last night and on behalf of my startled family, I am being way more gentle with myself today. And I feel better for letting that go. Today I have pooped scooped, had computer time and brunch, and then went out to mail a return to LL Bean and stop at a store for a few small things. It was stunningly beautiful outside so I enjoyed some time outside, got in my daily walk and sat out in the Sky Chair under the cherry tree and talked on the phone.

Cooked dinner tonight. I do enjoy the return to family dinners. They had really fallen by the wayside with only one kid at home. Now we eat dinner together every night, the 4 of us, and I do love it. An unexpected treat and silver lining for sure. Even though DS18 often doesn't eat bc he eats his first meal at like 4 PM and then eats second dinner at like 10 and then third dinner at like 3 AM! His sleep schedule is a total hot mess right now.

Jaz, super glad DD seems to be continuing to improve. Fingers crossed that those of us who do get the virus will fare as well, if we have to get it.

I was not clear on what your work is asking of you.

BTW, I used one of the 3 homemade masks my DD made for me when I was out today. I would say close to half of the patrons of the grocery store had on a mask of some kind.

Lori, good thinking about Easter. Not sure what we will do. We don't usually do anything special.