Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
Yes, Chris says:

Quote:
The U.S. laboratory reference range for adequate 25(OH)D is 30 to 74 ng/mL, while the Vitamin D Council suggests a higher range of 40 to 80 ng/mL, with a target of 50 ng/mL

But a large body of evidence in the medical literature strongly suggests that optimal vitamin D levels might be lower than these figures. There is little to no evidence showing benefit to 25(OH)D levels above 50 ng/mL, and increasing evidence to suggest that levels of this magnitude may cause harm. Consequences of vitamin D toxicity include heart attack, stroke, kidney stones, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, anorexia, weight loss, and low bone density (18).

Furthermore, in most studies, taking vitamin D supplements does not decrease risk of death, cardiovascular disease, or other conditions. Based on an exhaustive review of over 1,000 studies in 2011, the Institute of Medicine recommends a much more conservative range of 20 to 50 ng/mL (19).

The only articles I've seen that suggest that optimal vitamin D3 levels should be lower than 65-85 ng/mL were FUD articles. And I've been researching D3 for ~20 years now using PUBMED.

Those studies, I think deliberately:
Didn't use enough D3 to be effective
Didn't use with vitamin D3 co-factors
Didn't use D3 long enough to be effective
Used D2 instead of D3

Personally I've seen D3
bring about successful pregnancies and healthy babies
reverse autism in infants
cure or put breast cancer in remission
encapsulate breast cancer for easy removal
put prostate cancer in remission
put kidney cancer in remission
cure skin cancers
reverse osteopenia
alleviate arthritis
prevent sun burn
cure H1N1

Needless to say that Dr. Holick nor other vitamin D3 experts agree with the Institute of Medicine's vitamin D3 "facts" or recommendations.

I won't even go into the "so called" expert that testified before the FDA that higher vitamin D3 levers weren't needed, that D3 only affected bone growth, and the RDA for D3 should actually be lowered!!! Come to find out he held over 300 patents using vitamin D3 derivatives to treat cancers!!!

I guess I did go there, lol.

Do your own research!!!

Or even easier...read the Vitamin D3 thread on the forum.