View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-20, 15:01

Plan: modified adkins (sort of)
Stats: 265/176/167 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

If your daily carb limit is 100g, you should have no trouble staying under that number just by choosing your foods and recipes from the DietDoctor.com suggestions.

In fact, even eating 3 meals per day plus a snack and maybe even one dessert daily, I think you'd be hard-pressed to go over 100 carbs per day IF you were to stick with eating only foods made by following recipes on DietDoctor.com.

Just as an aside tho, I think almost everyone here at lowcarber.org finds that we do much better by keeping our daily carb intake to 50g or less. And many of those who are hard-core and have stuck with LC for the longest length of time aim for 20g/day or less.

By "much better," I mean

1) We achieve greater satiety (don't get the HONGRIES) and are less tempted to "cheat."
2) If overweight, we lose the weight more quickly and more reliably.
3) If diabetic or pre-diabetic, our blood sugars stabilize more quickly and at lower (better) values.
4) If dealing with gastrointestinal disorders pre-LC, our gut issues resolve themselves much more quickly; and
5) We just generally find that we feel better and are healthier at lower daily carb numbers than if we allow ourselves to go a bit higher.

I know that all sounds counter-intuitive. How can a diet be EASIER to stick with if it's "stricter?" Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure that, if you ask, almost everyone who posts here with any regularity would agree with me!

However, that said, if you're coming from a calorie-counting, low-fat, carb-centric way of eating and are just beginning to experiment with low-carb, it's perfectly understandable that you might want to ease your way in slowly. And, 100g of carbs per day is a WHOLE LOT better than the typical 300+ carb grams that most Americans consume!

Even the only thing you do is STOP eating sugary and starchy snacks, pasta, bread, cereals and the starchiest of vegetables (potatoes and dried beans), and never even attempt to count carbs at all, you'll probably manage to stay under 100g and you'll start experiencing some of the benefits of lower carb.

We're happy to have you join us here! Best of luck!