#23   ^
Old Tue, Sep-24-19, 14:48

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknak
I read the label on my Hellmann's real mayonnaise jar today and was shocked to find it contains sugar. It is obviously a small amount as 100g only equals 1.5 carbs, but the rule with Atkins is to avoid all sugar and so it can't be legal right? Anyway, I went to the supermarket earlier to find some mayo that did not contain sugar, but was unsuccessful. I tried another supermarket and it was the same deal...every single brand had sugar in it. I remember Atkins saying mayo was fine as long as it was real. What’s the deal here? Please don't tell me I have to make the stuff myself!
Here is the US South for years I used Duke's mayo which has never had sugar, at least as long as I knew of it. However for Hellmann's, or even my beloved Duke's, it's the soybean oil that concerns me more than any tiny trace amounts of sugar. I think there are places in the UK where you can find mayo made with olive oil or avocado oil but I forget where they were. But that's your best bet to look for. If you have to end up making your own it's pretty easy and painless with an immersion blender (aka stick blender).