#14   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-19, 19:07

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheilaQ
Thanks for the replies everyone. I am on day 6 of Atkins and am feeling good, but struggling with the mental concept of never having bread, beer, ice cream again. I am hoping once a hit fat adaption I can have these treats very rarely and get back on track. This would be far in the future, but i need to believe that the plan would be workable for me long term.

Someday YOU CAN HAVE BEER-- in a very limited amount. You can have ice cream -- just a low carb type. You can have bread-- a low carb type. Just not at this stage of the game as your body adjusts to a low carb world and stopping the addiction.

Learn how to make LC pizza dough, using either cauliflower as the base or mozzarella/ almond meal, see the recipes in that department.

I used to be a bread- aholic. I have a shelf, or almost, of bread baking books. I quit cold turkey after reading DANDR and dont miss the bread UNLESS I indulge in carbs..... then the carbaolic rages again and NEEDS bread. Honestly, for a regular bread baker, I have made bread only a few times over the last nearly 20 years.

BREAD is an addiction.

Just keep going as you are, you will get over this addiction. I promise. If you get a craving, something sweet has passed your lips or too many carbs wnt down the hatch... so be mindful.

Hope this helped.