View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-19, 04:58
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Thanks for sharing this. It reminded me that I have a ton of strips about to expire, so I may as well use them up.

I'm happy this was reported in Psychology Today. Hardly anyone realizes the affect diet can have on mental health. When I was a lab tech back in the 90s, every newly admitted psych patient had a BG workup. Of course, I'm sure most clinicians are barking up the wrong tree and advising LowFatHeartHealthyWholeGrains, but it would be nice to at least start acknowledging it.

Two big surprises:
- Having very lean meat (Buddig turkey slices) and salsa with no added fat resulted in no BG spike. (That's the morning readings below) Pleasant surprise, I guess, though I was almost hoping for an increase because it was already low. I'm glad I fall into Dr Ted Nieman's eat-lotsa-protein-fer-cryin-out-loud camp.
- Sushi, which I thought was an acceptable occasional treat meal with no particular negative consequences, sent my BG to 8.0 (145-ish?) 1 hr PP. And then after 2 hours, it was 8.2!! An hour after that (a little more than 3 hrs PP) it was still 6.9. WTH?

(Side note: the Precision Neo's default PP goal is 5.5 - 10.0!! WHAAAAAAAAAT??

Experiment will continue.