#31   ^
Old Sun, Nov-04-18, 07:53
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Arrow Sunday, 4 November 2018

Conversation via posts I had with Linda in my journal this morning that I thought would be appropriate to share here as well:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalove
When did you start to notice changes in your body once you started fasting. I know you are OMAD and my 16:8 may lead to that one day, but I’m good for now. Did you work out any? When did you start OMAD?
How do you mean "changes" in my body?

The big change was dropping all the weight... And I did workout even at the very beginning of this journey. I started slowly and increased as I felt able to. Didn't wanna kill myself. I figured baby steps at first was better than NO steps, eh? I did my stationary bike and walked. Don't remember the number of miles I walked back then...

I've been walking 4 miles in the am for the last several years now well before the butt crack of dawn and manage throughout the day to add another 6+ miles on school days. When Imma at home I only manage another 2 or 3 miles... so not too shabby but I do MORE pedalin' on days I don't go to school. Sometimes that can be as much as 5-6 hrs and Imma not sweating bullets but I HATE to sit idle on my ass and it alleviates the pain from my varicose veins. During school days, I try to pedal at least 2 hrs in the am before school...

I think the most amazing change in my body was at my core when I started doing those planks. It really has changed how my core looks. I have definition there that wasn't there before I did those planks. Don't know how long it took to have that change there.

But I ain't much for parading in front of the mirror and ogling myself, KWIM? I've been doing planks since June 2016, push-ups since Jan 2017 and wall sits since April 2017. They are all documented in my gym log.

I do weight training on the alternating days (odds days) with the PPWs on even days... also documented in my gym log. I started slowly with those back in late 2013.

To be honest with you, if I didn't do my 4 mile walk, those PPWs and the weight training first thing in the AM, I wouldn't do 'em at all!

I don't like to exercise, BUT I know how important it is for my over-all continued good health. I ain't doing it to lose weight b/c exercising doesn't really burn that many kcals... and I ain't aiming to lose any more weight.period!

During Spring Break of April 2014, I broke my leg and wasn't able to walk or pedal my stationary bike for 3 months. I did however continue my weight training since that didn't involve being on my feet.

My orthopedic surgeon told me that I could easily gain 20-30 lbs or more during this episode since that's about average for people that aren't ambulatory. I was grateful that I only gained 3 lbs! Which took me several months to lose.

As for OMAD, I started that on 5 July 2013 (My Independence Day from "Fat Jo" and carbs). I was determined to "eat only when hungry" as prescribed by Dr. A.

I wasn't a breakfast eater and hadn't been since jr hs. I figured the LONGER I waited to eat, the less I would eat. B/c once I start to eat, I can EAT all flippin' day LONG! It's a very rare day indeed if I eat twice... eating OMAD really works for me b/c it takes care of a lot of my food related issues.

source: https://forum.lowcarber.org/showpos...&postcount=1711
Sponsored Links