#4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-11-18, 13:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 315/255.4/199 Female 5'11"
BF:Ht. 5'11"
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_d
Diet helps, especially with cavities in youngsters, but I don't think it can cure gum disease or repair its subsequent bone loss.

I just listened to Joe Rogan's podcast with guest Jordan Peterson and Peterson, in the last half an hour, outlined how the carnivore diet has improved his health greatly, including the gum disease he had. He started it after his daughter, who suffered from a great many auto-immune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, depression, skin issues, etc, switched to an all meat/greens diet and her health improved dramatically. He suffered from the same things (except for the arthritis) and saw her improvement so he started doing it too. He lost 50 lbs and after doing meat/greens for several months, switched to all meat and had even greater improvements. Not saying I'd do this but it seems to be working for him. He specifically said he had gum disease and has even had grafts done before and that this diet improved all of that greatly.

The low carb diet talk starts at about 2hr 50 min in. Gum disease comment at 2:54:52 Joe Rogan/Jordan Peterson