Thread: LC our way! #2
View Single Post
  #915   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-18, 17:30

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- Sorry your tum was bothering you yesterday. Hopefully it is well today.

Bummer about the Lawrenceville TH, but that does sound like it would be a long commute for you. It looked nice from the pics though!

Total crap that pork and beef taste the same.. don't know who has been feeding that dude or else he has broken taste buds!

Wonderful news about Ava!!

Lori- WOW GIRL!! YOU GO!! That is quite a goal! Very impressed!

Blue- that is very exciting for your hubby but yeah, I would likely feel the same way as you do. I am usually the leave-er as far as pleasure trips while DH is a leave-er for work trips. Your idea to set up times to be with your friends is excellent. Good plan!

I use several forms of garlic, depending. I have the powder, the paste, the pre-minced, and the whole head which I will slice or chop. Just depends on time and the dish at hand. Sometimes fresh garlic, especially if the store isn't stocking particularly fresh, can be bitter.

Well done on your three days! Keep it up!

Trig- Did you and DD go shopping today? What types of tops is she looking for and where did you go?

Today DS was asking me when we can go to Jos A Banks to pick up his sport coats that we got over Thanksgiving break. I almost smacked him. I've been asking him about going for quite some time and he kept putting me off, and then he asked like it was my issue that we hadn't gone. WTH!!

Did you treadmill today?

Kmom- WOW that fire sounds bad!! I hope no one was hurt! Not such a good thing, having a drug house nearby, but quite honestly there are issues in every neighborhood, behind closed doors.

Sorry that your back is acting up. That is so frustrating, when one is trying to exercise and then the back starts flaring up, or the knee or whatever. It happens to me too at times and it can feel pretty discouraging.

Sorry I kept messing up the title for the movie- It is called The Greatest Showman and it is with Hugh Jackman, Michelle Williams and Zac Efron. It was very good- I really liked it and so did the fam. I CRIED though and I didn't know to expect that. I mean, I boo hoo'd at one point! Highly recommend and see it on the big screen if you can!

Goggles- The ones at Costco were swim goggles. Also, while it will vary, saltwater pools actually tend to be EASIER on the eyes than chlorinated pools if they are done right. Ours is salt water. It should be like the tears of your eyes. Still, better safe than sorry.

My heart always goes out to you- I know how much you miss your DH, or actually, I don't but I can try to imagine. And I do so wish he were here with you.

••••••••••••••

Let's see, where to start:

Homecoming for DS16 appears to have been fun, even though he says little about it or much else school-related. But he did say he had a good time and luckily even though he didn't feel well it didn't seem to interfere.

DH and I had a nice double date out. I kept very close to on plan, but I did have about 1/3 cup of the saffron/basmati rice. Otherwise it was grilled octopus, and some lamb and filet kabob. I had plenty to bring home, which I just ate for dinner tonight, minus the rice. SO good. I was up 2/10 of a pound only so I was pleased with that and am back on track all day today.

So I got brave and tried the Sous Vide for the first time today! I did the easiest thing I could think of, which was eggs. While it was not good for egg whites eaters, the yolks were VERY tasty, which was a great match for me as someone who hates egg whites. I had three egg yolks and three strips of bacon. Yum! I will be doing pork chops in there on Tuesday or so.

No popcorn at the movie, go us! I ate a little bit of a Lily's LC stevia sweetened chocolate bar and that little bit was perfectly satisfying, along with my water. Win!

So that's about it from here. A good weekend and a very successful one for me foods-wise. Tomorrow I will take DS19 to pick up his sports coats so we can see what kind of alterations he will need.

We are at 80% chance for sleet/freezing rain tomorrow afternoon and evening so we'll see if DS16 has his music lessons or not.

Hugs to all!