Thread: Maintainence?
View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Oct-21-17, 22:26

Plan: ≤ 20 carbs & IF
Stats: 292/235/170 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

I have a very long ways to go yet and I'm still new at this but I find myself thinking about being where you are at some point, some day, and wondering how I will deal with it.

One of the things I have noticed is that on the couple of occasions when I have cheated the extra carbs turned into immediate weight gain and I understand the reasons for that. I never got kicked totally out of ketosis but my test strips went from dark purple to pink on those occasions.

My thinking is at this point that I really need to get my weight down to about 160 in ketosis if my target weight is going to be 170 when I start increasing my carbs again. I am hoping that I will be able to resist the urge to over eat. I never want to wind up being obese again.

Over the weeks I have been following this WOE I have been talking to other obese folks and hearing a lot of stories like "ya I lost over 50 pounds once" or "a couple of times I got my weight down to normal" and I'm like "Oh God no! - Don't let me be like that!"

I don't want to do all this work and then flush it down the tubes but at the same time, I don't want to think I can "never ever" eat fruit or have a slice of pie again...

*sigh*

I'm doing this hoping I can get "well" - and to me "well" means some day being able to eat at least somewhat normally without becoming obese.