Old Sat, Oct-21-17, 05:02
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Saturday, 21 October 2017

Happy Saturday, WARRIORS!

Hope all is well and wishing you a totally spectacular day in every way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

Note to Self: When I eat CRAP, I feel like CRAP!!
~ unknown
Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Nothing much happenin' here. Same ole ♫ song ♪ & dance with the dreaded w/e "to-do" list. Gonna try to get as much of it done as I can before I leave for the out-of-town wedding this afternoon.

Wedding starts at 5pm and will end at 10pm or thereabouts. Don't know how long I'll stay, it's a good 1.5 hr drive to and from. Imma driving and one of my besties is co-pilot on this adventure.

Won't eat before I leave b/c it's too early for me. Just might make it a 48 hour fast day... don't really know. I guess it depends how hungry I am when I get home.

WARNING: OFF PLAN Foods mentioned below ~ read at your own risk!

Wedding fare is gonna be NONE LC with pasta dishes like lasagna, pasta salad, shrimp alfredo etc.

My other bestie, the bride, told me that she's got like 8 different types of cakes b/c she didn't want traditional... Bride and groom are both mid 50s and this is the second marriage for both of 'em.

You guys know me well enough to know that I ain't gonna eat off-plan NO.MATTER.WHAT!! Seriously, why would I?

The bride and groom don't want any gifts at all ... but Imma giving one anyways! I made this for them over the summer:

Wedding Afghan

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO it is 45 here this morning ugh, but for you it might take a bit to get that oven on still......we are changing fast into hard fall here. In a few days the HI is going to be like 59. 59! are ya kidding here LOL
Our night temps are about the same as yours right now.

Our area (desert) is an interesting place to live b/c even in the HOT scorching summer months, our night time temp can fall 20-30 degrees or more.

Day time temps are predicted to be around mid 70s for the next 3-4 days, so very mild and pleasant for sure! Then it's gonna dip into the mid 60s...
Quote:
Yea kiddo is coming down with 'I am sick of schoolitis' right now HA
Tell her to hold on a bit b/c Thanksgiving Break is right around the corner in 4 weeks and then less than 4 weeks after that, BOOM! Christmas Break! Gosh, it will be here before we know it, huh??? Holy Hannah!!!!
Quote:
I sure know what you mean some need that time. They say SO much is lost in learning over the summer holidays for many...and I sure believe that cause some need alot of repetition to hold onto some concepts they need to absorb.
That's my thoughts as well.

I'd wish our school did "year-round". We'd still get the same amount of time OFF, but it would be 3.5 weeks off between quarters and we'd only have 6 weeks off during the summer instead of the 11 weeks off we have now.

I'd that b/c we (the teachers) are almost brain dead by the time the 4th quarter comes around... Having a nice break between quarters would truly rejuvenate both teachers and students!
Quote:
Gave kiddo some dollars for school.
Today is buy big hunks of tape for fund raiser. It is pay to tape the Principal to the cafeteria wall today should be funny for the kids! Be nice if someone puts it over his mouth!! HAHA, nah he is a cool guy lol
WOW! That's a cool fundraiser! Hey how much does it cost to buy the roll of tape? (Wondering if we could do that here... and I'd happily slap a piece of tape on my principal's mouth!)
Quote:
JO, Tony will be 52 in January. I will be 56 in December. Yes I snatched him out of the cradle.
OMG, you're a COUGAR!

Wow, he's still young isn't he? Has he decided what he'd do once he retired?

Quote:
I have been working on setting US up for early retirement the day we got married. I KNEW point blank I didn't want to go into our older years working so hard, hence me being SO frugal actually got us into this early retirement space in our life. This was all planned by me and it seems I am gonna make it work ok
at working on retirement plans since you got married! Having the end game in mind is terrific, IMHO!

I know lots of people that haven't socked away ANYTHING for their retirement... stupid really! And most of 'em live pay check to pay check b/c they have to have the latest Iphones, computer games, new car etc! It totally blows my mind b/c like you, Imma frugal too!
Quote:
oh when I say nothing much doing but I am loaded it is stuid sh*t I am dealing with ya know...little things that have to be done and I got them piling up.

Ants are going insane here. All over the pasture and yard. Yesterday my pool hoses dropped off the fence where I got them put up for winter and I picked it up, got it settled, got the next and then BOOM....I was right in the middle of an ant pile, biting my ankles like crazy, all over my slip on shoe and up my pant leg...I went bonkers HA

SO now it is poison the yard to the max. No choice now.
Will have to watch doggie for sure. The pasture we will treat all the ant hill with individual poison cause of the goats. But the front and back yard I am taking back come hell or highwater...AND I got a giant ant colony in my front planter. Told hubby those planters across the front of the house are gone for good! have to get that done also...............so it is all this stupid stuff that is on the plate HA HA

stuff that annoys the heck out of ya, is work but not that bad, but has to get something done about it or the place is gonna fall apart around me LOL
Sorry about all the ants... sounds like you've got a plan to eradicate them!

I totally get the "little things that gotta be done and no desire to do 'em" thingy!

Sometimes we just gotta bite the bullet and get 'er done!