Thread: LC Our Way!
View Single Post
  #2505   ^
Old Wed, Sep-06-17, 06:40

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- yeah that free site is not sounding like a winner to me. Agree with Blue about a paid site. There are some weird folks out there!
A THREE WEEK vacation for your boss? That is a hell of a lot of time off at once! Wow! I am kind of shocked that is allowed.

Blue- Interesting that you commented about high school start times because the public schools here are supposed to be changing to a later start time for high schoolers next year. No HS is supposed to start before 8 AM next year, if it actually happens. My kids' school already has a start time of 8:15, but since DS15 does band he arrives at 7:30. The public HS bus comes to the stop at 6:25 AM. Can you imagine?

Very glad that you took the time to chill when you could. I think that is one of the best benefits about being mindful and taking stock- knowing when to say no, or step back and protect your own interests so that you can handle stress better when it comes. So important!

••••••••••

So DS15 reports a good first day at school yesterday! As much as I will miss having a driver this year I will enjoy hearing from him, what he is willing to share.

Interesting development happened yesterday- let me back up a bit. I had to pick him up early from XC practice- he was getting another headache. He has been getting these migraine type headaches from time to time, usually during/after physical exertion. Anyway, we were talking on the way back and he revealed that he wasn't sure he wanted to be doing XC this year, that he was really thinking he really wanted to focus more heavily on music.

In the whole of things, I think this is really good. As I have mentioned on this site numerous times this summer, he gravitated heavily toward music this summer. Composition, lyric writing, instrument playing and the like. I think, with his brother gone and with the maturation he had this summer, he is finally starting to consider what HE likes and what direction he wants to go in, versus doing what his brother did. That is an EXCELLENT thing and I am in full support of that.

That being said, I told him that while he has my full support and we can go and get things set up with the music school for lessons etc, he had to go and talk to the coach today and let him know. Yesterday was the first day of school so I don't really think of this as "quitting" like I would if he were halfway in the season. I think it is self- realization. But he has to address it now. The kid is nervous and scared to do so, but I think it is important and not to do it over email but face to face. The coaches are nice and I think they will be bummed (he is one of the faster runners on the team) but it will all be okay. And he will grow from this.

Again, this has been a surprisingly interesting season in my parenting life. Certainly subject to change, as these things do, but DS15 has been sweet and cuddly and things have been good. I certainly hope this continues!

He got up and out much more smoothly today, also. Life is good!

I'm on track and doing fine. TOM came yesterday. I am only weighing about once a week, probably around Friday or so. Just doing my thing in as chill a manner as I can!

Leftovers for dinner tonight- Chinese for DS15 and leftover LC Mexican for me, if I eat dinner at all. I might just make it a late lunch.