Old Fri, Sep-01-17, 08:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/177.5/156 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniggle
If you are staying on plan, your body should begin to slowly but steadily drop the weight. It is not a race, although I know the impatience of wanting to get to a given goal.

I got stuck around 205 for almost 10 days, 2 weeks into the program, before the weight started moving down again, and I was not cheating and working out regularly.

One of the keys for me, I am convinced, besides the elimination of carbs, was the elimination of snacking and booze. I figure I probably took in 1000+ calories a day, mostly carbs, snacking between meals before I got on the plan.

Eat to the plan, eat smart, exercise, and you should be looking at 1** on the scale before you know it!

Thanks Sniggle! That's exactly what I need to hear! I'm not a drinker, so thta part has been easy for me. I'm eating three meals per day and generally not hungry, although if I do get hungry during the day, which happens every so often, I will eat something low/no-carb, such as almonds (btw, for those who would like to know, 1/4 cup of almonds is approximately 25 almonds and about 2 net carbs). One snack per day, only if I'm hungry.

Looking forward to a re-acceleration going forward and would love to hear more of these stories.

Mike