View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-17, 11:48

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/158/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 82%

Quote:
Can't seem to get past the "fat" content issue just yet!
Not an unusual problem for lifelong dieters. And Weight Watchers alumni especially.

Once you get used to the carb-counting thing, it becomes second nature. I make it real easy for myself: No sugar. No starch.

I don't worry too much about protein. Eggs, bacon, other types of meat (chicken, pork, fish). It's kind of hard to overeat meat, even if it's ribeye

Fat sort of "comes with." I like heavy cream, a certain amount of cheese, salad dressings, butter (of course!), mayo, avocado, coconut oil for various purposes. The main thing is, you don't have to watch out for it--you get to embrace it!

Some people successfully use the "eat only when hungry" model--followed by "eat until satisfied." Doesn't work so well for me as I'm seldom that hungry. But I have learned what "until satisfied" feels like, and I never snack between meals. I'm watchful for that "hungry feeling" that isn't really hungry, just my brain "wanting something"--usually a sign of boredom. What do I do then? Cue up this forum and talk to people! Or visit some other favorite Low-Carb discussion.

Best wishes.