#11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-10-17, 13:06

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by EileenJoy
when it first came out - Atkins intimated you could eat as much as you wanted, as long as you followed the food chart.

I'm not a historian or Atkins expert but my guess is that's what the press intimated or others that read the press intimated. I think he said that you are suppose to stop eating when you were full.

I suppose if you never got "full" or couldn't tell that you were getting "full" you could continue to eat as much as you wanted. My personal experience has been that eating a high fat percentage leads to me feeling not hungry for long periods. To me the feeling of "not being hungry" IS feeling "full".

If I eat for pure pleasure I can eat WAY past full and do it quickly. If I do that with high fat, I bounce off the walls with energy and might go a day until I eat again. When I did that with Bread, Pasta, Pineapple, Rice, Potato Chips, Cake, Ice Cream, Corn on the Cob, Cookies, Oranges, Rice Noodles, Smoothies, Yams, Dates, Frosted Flakes, Snickers Bars, Mountain Dew, Pizza, Bran Muffins and, ah... Plums I would want to fall asleep in about an hour, then sleep, wake up and want to do it all over again.

To my body this is the biggest difference between a Carb based diet and a Fat based diet. I feel better for longer periods of time eating primarily fat.

Try WW for a while, I hear it's pretty structured and you'll have support from others. it might work for you, it might work for me but I have not tried it.