View Single Post
  #95   ^
Old Wed, Oct-21-15, 10:32
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

On October 1 switched up my macros - going from the 20 net carbs that I had been doing over the summer to 40 net carbs per day. The extra carbs are mostly from eating more LC fruits & veggies and the addition of a limited amount of starchy beans. I increased my protein some and lowered the calories from around 2400 per day to around 2100. My fasting BG was mostly between 75 to 85 over the summer. Since adding back more carbs, it has dropped to the upper 60's to low 70's. I have not had a FBG in the 80's (or above) all month. I didn't really expect this -- and I'm not sure why it is happening. But I am eating more sugar and my FBG has dropped. I guess I can assume that my insulin resistance is improved and my insulin is doing it's job.

I read through that link about Steve's experiment. What caught my attention was the comment "I was hungry this morning and I'm hungry now." Eating low fat and carbs at a level that the body can deal with might be just fine for glycemic control. But is it sustainable? I'm not hungry doing what I'm doing. I can sustain what I'm doing. I like how I eat.