Old Wed, Sep-23-15, 09:01
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lburgguy
~ Nancy; I did not mean my reply to sound defensive but you kind of put me in that corner putting me in that category of people who blindly take whatever their Dr. prescribes. We all have health concerns and I have mine. I would love to have natural answers to my RX regimen and am open/eager for suggestions.

That's how most people operate. I am sorry if you felt lumped into a category you don't feel you belong to, but this is the Internet. I don't know anything about you except what you've posted.

I still think you need to ignore the cholesterol results until you're not actively losing weight and have maintained a few months. It is extremely odd for someone's triglycerides to go up on a low carb diet. They normally plummet. That is why I was pointing out the issues with the drugs.

Also, if you're sincere about looking into natural answers, then you might want to read books by Dr. Davis, "Wheat Belly" and Dr. Perlmutter, "Grain Brain". Those books address two of your chief concerns: depression and high triglycerides. I think you'll find a lot of support here from other folks who found that grains, in particular wheat, were causing not only health issues, but mental issues as well.

And I always like to direct folks to The Gluten File. Where you can read a lot of the science behind those two books I mentioned above.