View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Aug-23-15, 02:58

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Looking at your posts this year, you appear to have fallen on and off that wagon a few times...maybe over the past three months (and I think weighted to the most recent month?)*** you controlled your carbs and maybe fasted enough to get the Hba1c down...that indicates really good BG for a supposed diabetic!
If you go with Cholesterol Clarity's preferred lipid indicator of CVD risk, Trigs/HDL, you are at risk with 7.7 ratio. Under 2 good, 1:1 optimal. You know that your Trigs would drop quickly IF you kept your carbs very low, the usual Bernstein advice. First, You could truly commit to this WOE and ask for a re-test. LDL is OK...your Trigs are high, which can happen if you just restarted weight loss or not really doing LC consistently. See dr Davis in post #10 above.
You might also put both your minds at ease by having a coronary calcium score done. Why look at lipid numbers when they can look directly at the heart arteries now? (Again, post 10). I heard on a new podcast that these are now a very quick run through a CAT scan, less radiation, every hospital has one, only about $150 (I find that hard to believe! ...need to check around here...nothing is that cheap in a hospital)
Read all the recent posts on statin side effects...but only you know your medical and lifestyle history, willingness to clean up the diet, etc. Exercise is good for raising the HDL...it too will go up on LC but slowly.

*** checked, very low BG over the most recent month can pull down the 3 month average, that is, results are weighted toward the latest numbers.