#134   ^
Old Mon, Aug-17-15, 10:36
Real food!

Plan: Lower Carb/IF
Stats: 238/155/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Good morning, ladies!

Ah, Blue, I weighed this morning and am up 20 lbs from my stable point (although not my lowest point.) I was able to sit stable with little effort at 173 when I was following a decent low carb plan. Today, I'm 193 and not very happy about that. But, I made my choices.

As for the fasting, the last time I lasted 4 days. By the end of the 4th day, I felt crummy. It was so uncomfortable and kind of freaked out, so I began eating again - but not properly. It is very good to know that, if and when I hit that discomfort zone again, it will not last long and that it is a precursor to a good spot. I will hang in there with some broth, hope and fortitude. The flies/pigs story should help out if I get too hungry. We'll get through the next few days. As your tagline states, "It's only food."

Susan, all three of my Windows machines were quickly upgraded to Win 10. I'm fine with it. I didn't mind 8.1, but I'm liking 10 better. I have a solid state drive on my Core-i7, Z97 platform machine. With that platform/processor, along with the SSD, I've always booted up in seconds on that computer, and still do. Where I really see the improvement of Win 10's performance is on my laptop and on my tablet. The laptop, especially, is not a real powerhouse, and was never meant to be. But, with 10, I see a significant performance boost. You are right, though, that Windows cannot match the performance of a lightweight OS such as Chrome OS. My husband recently gave up his old laptop and, while looking around for a replacement, I suggested a Chrome OS based machine. He settled on an LG Chromebase (rather than a Chromebook.) It's perfect for his needs. I found that there are plenty of goodies to be added in from the Chrome store to supplement for a variety of purposes, including Samba shares and FTP client services. He doesn't use any of that, but I sure would. And, soon there will be portability for all Android apps in Chrome OS. That will really open things up. I'm awaiting the new Acer Chromebase to hit the shelves. More RAM, beefier processor and touchscreen capability if you want it. It looks quite nice.