View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, May-24-15, 08:31

Plan: Mix
Stats: 464/344/250 Male 6
BF:
Progress:
Default Marks Log

Figured I'd start a log here, but instead of geared for the amount of weight lifted, this one will be for the amount of weight lost, it'll be a switch for me but it should help keep me accountable in the long run.

For lifting, I'll follow older templates I wrote based on periodization for upper body, and typically 3-5 rep schemes for lower body. I'll be doing a 3 day split, 2 upper and 1 lower days. I also bike ride, mostly single track but road and stationary lately due to the insane amount of rain Texas has seen lately, all the trails are under water.

It's going to be hard to flip the switch and stick with weight loss as my main focus instead of lifting heavy all the time. I just "retired" from competitive powerlifting last year, and it's hard to switch up the training and such to get out of that mindset. At 30 years old, I have to make the switch now before my weight starts impacting my health. I've had luck in the past maintaining strength while low carbing, so we'll see how that works out this time around.

Cardio being a more larger focus, my family and I enjoy backpacking and hiking quite a bit. We have three 8 day trips planned coming up in June and July, those are always awesome for getting diets and eating back on track since what you have to eat is what you pack, and anything you can catch/hunt/pick on the trail plus hiking 8+ miles a day.
Sponsored Links