View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-21-15, 16:10
Registered Member

Plan: Nutritional Ketosis
Stats: 255/239.5/160 Female 61
BF:
Progress:
Default Back in the High Fat Saddle again!

Hi Greenbaby…well, I've fouund just reading what others are doing is so motivating..it shows that YES I CAN do this.. Also one psych trick I LOVE is not saying " I CANT" have -cake-gummiebears- ice cream…I say " i DON'T have cake….etc."

YOU are in control, NOT deprived..the mental switch is amazing, and supports you. If people question me I say I MUST follow a Nutritional Ketosis eating plan…big words confuse,and they stop asking questions as it sounds "medical" which it is..it is saving your LIFE..and your health.

One of my favorite sites for all thing NEW INFO on LCHF is to read www.dietdoctor.com his site still has lots of free info, plus a monthly $9 fee for full access…some people don't think it is worth paying for anything o value…but I appreciate this is a true gift, and I won't turn it down for so cheap a price. You can join free for 30 days, watch the free movies on LC, and full interviews, and then decide.

Thankfully with the internet I dive into PubMed daily, or Renal or Nutrition Journals, and have so many technical articles in my files I am swimming in 'support' by medical experts on this choice for my food and lifestyle.

PS: I was carping over Saturated fats not as accepted (I love my butter!) and not as good as PUFA-polyfats like Canola--but it has been proven PUFAs lower CVA risk by 20%.. that is pretty big for overweight/obese folk, as we do risk heart strain as well as diabetes, etc.

Thankfully I found a perfect food for me, with 15 gr fat..12.5 are PUFA, 1.5 Saturated, and 2.5 MUFA (mono fats like olive oil) …all GOOD oils, AND high in easily digestible protein. Hemp seed.

I am on a plant based LCHF for kidney health, and hulled hemp seeds are the most amazing, non-meat, fully loaded with essential amino acids to replace MEAT food…and so easy to eat. and the cost is far lower than buying prime grass fed meats. Most people are so unfamiliar and this food is a recent legal import from Canada, is organic, and so beneficial it is a real positive for people like me. and if someone wants to choose 1-3 replacement meat meals a week with it, learn more: http://www.purehealingfoods.com/hempHeartsInfo.php

I found this brand locally Just Hemp….…most HFS carry it now. but this online price is great!

http://www.amazon.com/Just-Hemp-Foods-Percent-Natural/dp/B00MHDWV6O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432246152&sr=8-1&keywords=just+hemp