View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-15, 09:58

Plan: none
Stats: 143/130/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default New Cholesterol girl in town..

HI everyone, So happy I found this forum. A little about me, 5'7", weighed at the beginning of this cholesterol journey 143 lbs and now at 130lb. I just want my numbers to drop and not be put on statins. I don't see much info for women and the side effects of taking them. After a yearly checkup last year in January I found out I had High cholesterol and my doctor prior to prescribing meds, advised I change my diet completly and start working out. Adding salmon to my diet 3 x's a week and Omega 3 supplements. At the time of that exam Cholesterol levels were:

TC: 272
HDL: 85
TRG:97
LDL: 168..I was freaking out.
So I went home and did exactly what he advised me to do. I did not want to take any statins.
Next appt 3 months later:
TC: 211
HDL: 63
TRG: 76
LDL: 133

Now my numbers have changed again...I know, I am punishing my own self for eating foods I had given up. I was eating during the holidays and now my numbers have gone up again and I am terrified:
TC: 232
HDL:73
TRG:87
LDL: 142.
So I starting dieting again and working out. T25 and walking my dog.
I joined this board in hopes to understand these numbers better and what I can benefit from eating foods perhaps I didn't even know I could or could not have.
Any advice or help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links