View Single Post
  #140   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-14, 08:34

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 288/224.8/180 Female 66 in
BF:
Progress: 59%

I'm a turtle. Always have been. This time around I've only lost 20 pounds in 7 months.

Not letting the frequent plateaus bother me anymore, because I've started charting my losses in a spreadsheet so I can see the patterns better. Easier to make notes on a daily basis if I went to a family dinner or wasn't able to make my own food that day. Makes it easy to see if that could be the reason for the fluctuations or gain, so I can plan better for the next time.

Heading into this journey with far more realistic goals in mind, and the attitude that I'm not looking for a magic number, but a feeling. Being able to do the things I want without huffing an puffing, sweating excessively, and having to take twice the breaks.

Roller coasters. Kayaking. Climbing. Whitewater rafting. Hobby Farm. Zip lining. Pulling on a pair of jeans and the waist not cutting. Bending over to tie my shoes without feeling like I'm squishing my insides. Trying on boots and not looking for wide calf versions. Wearing a skirt or sun dress. Buying pretty pajamas.

If it takes me five years to meet these goals, it will still be worth it. By then, I hope I learn the skills to keep it off permanently, and my new set point will be well under 200.