#27   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-14, 07:51
NEVER GIVING UP!

Plan: no sugar/grains LCHF IF
Stats: 478/354/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:excessive!!
Progress: 45%

Quote:

However, he called the Daily Mail the most prestigious publication in the history of the world. Presumably the U.K.'s Daily Mail? I would love to hear what members on the other side of the pond have to say about that because it certainly didn't used to be when I lived there. It was a tabloid, with a seriousness level somewhere in the middle between The Sun and The Times (for U.S. members that would be somewhere between the National Enquirer and the NY Times). Anyway, using such an exaggerated claim to prove a point just made me wonder about any other sources he has ever cited, which is a pity. Maybe he was joking, but if you don't know the paper you wouldn't get the joke and he would be aware of that.

I hope Brits will tell me the Daily Mail is indeed that prestigious now and I can go back to enjoying Mark's Daily Apple again. Sorry if this is off-topic.

I think Mark's comment on th Daily Mail is meant to be ironic - as in you really wouldn't expect something sensible being written in this rag - and yet it had this paleo lifestyle friendly article.

The Daily Mail is a cross between Fox news and someone shouting 'fire' in a crowded cinema.