View Single Post
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-13, 09:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/178/150 Female 5'.5"
BF:
Progress: 75%

sorry to say that my total comfort with how my body looked didn't happen back in high school...I wasn't over weight back then..so it was just the modesty I lost...Didn't start gaining weight until after I started having kids...gained 46 lbs with the first one (at age 18) and was able to lose it ....same with the next two...

My weight problems started when I was in my mid-twenties and married for the second time...His words to me shortly after we married were "I'm so glad you're thin because I could never love a fat woman"..combine that with the crappy diet of poor- man's pasta, potatoes, rice...and fatty meats...and there you have it....oh yeh, and add on two more pregnacies...

I was forty and finally free of said husband when I finally decided that HEY I'M OK...My beloved aunt told me once that when I hit my forties I would be able to look at the world around me and say "screw it !!!" and no longer worry about anyone's oppinion of me...and SHE WAS RIGHT !!!

I'm 72 now.....I have two daughters who struggle with their weight and one who takes after my sister and is in total control of her food issues..And I'm gaining more control each and every day...as is the daughter I live with...PRAISE GOD!!!

Lovinita.....I had to laugh when I read about your Mom not liking the way you dressed....My poor Mom at least had my little sister (4 years younger than me) to play girly-girly dress up with...Being raised in the fifties the only time I got to dress MY WAY was after school and Saturdays...the rest of the time, like it or not, I HAD TO wear dresses or skirts/blouses...I don't even own a dress now...haven't worn one since I was in my mid-forties...

I checked out your profile and noticed that we started this journey on the same day...so as wonderful as my 42 pound loss is....I am super excited for your 96.5...Congratulations...

Caroxx......No question about it...this forum WILL BE one of the best things ever...I don't post often...but read EVERY DAY and I gain SO much strength...it's like having a dozen best friends who REALLY do understand what you're going through..