#16   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-13, 14:47

Plan: paleo/optimal diet
Stats: 235/195/185 Male 5feet 11inches
BF:12%
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israeli
Hi Butterfly, I have also read its healthiest for humans to eat 5 to 6 small meals a day. Its been clinically proven that mice fed many small meals a day live longer than those that eat 2 to 3 gaimungous meals even though the daily calorie total is the same.

I think theres alot more to it than what/how mice in labs eat.

Observe any medium-large predatory animal. All gorge and fast. Lions and tigers eat 15-30 lbs of meat per day or more. They are universally thin, and muscular. No weighing, measuring, or counting required.

We have a lot more in common with large predatory animals than very small animals completely adapted to thrive on grains/seeds.

I personally eat 2-3 meals a day, as this fits my own schedule. Occasionally I eat 1 meal. Lots of fat, moderate-low protein, low-very low carbs.

There may be great benefit to eating small portions thru the day if one is constantly eating copious carbs, as the slightly more stabilized blood sugar levels are going to help (kinda). But there is absolutely no reason to pick a specific number of meals to eat on a day to day basis as long as one gets the required nutrition.
Sponsored Links