Thread: Typod's Gym Log
View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-13, 09:40

Plan: Paleo-Ketogenic, LCHF
Stats: 358/263/235 Male 6' 6"
BF: More to Love
Progress: 77%

Alright, yesterday was my first of a basic 3-day split. I was very lucky to have a close friend join me and help me out (plus has agreed to do all these workouts with me!) It is important to note that my Olympic bar is only 25 pounds rather than the standard 44. I am including the bar weight into totals using that bar. Dumbbell weights listed are per dumbbell, not the total of both.

Here is what I did and the weights and reps:

Bench Press: 55lbs 3 sets: 10, 10, 10
Dumbbell Fly: 10lbs 3 sets: 10, 10, 8
Inclined Bench Press: 75lbs 3 sets: 8, 8, 6
Front Dumbbell Raise: 10lbs 3 sets: 10, 10, 8
Shoulder Press: 55lbs 3 sets: 6, 6, 4
Side Dumbbell Raise: 7.5lbs 3 sets: 10, 9, 6
Dumbbell Row: 10lbs 3 sets: 10, 10, 10

Here's what I learned: Firstly, I went to heavy on my incline BP. My first BP was a bit light so I upped it, but over-shot my ability by about 10-15 pounds. Next week I will try upping my BP by 10, and lowering my incline BP by 10. My Shoulder Press was too heavy. I lowered the weight knowing that I couldn't take the 75 that was on there, but the 55 was still to heavy. For this I'll remove 10 next week. Lastly, the DB row that I ended with was a bit light, I could have (and should have) pushed out more.

Although a few of these ended in complete failure, I didn't intentionally push myself to failure. I want to get at least a few weeks of strength training (time for my minor muscles to get a little stronger) then I'll push my last set of each exercise to failure.

I want to up my cardio this week. I didn't do any yesterday and I feel that was selling myself short. I also planned on adding an ab workout, but I ended up not doing that. Perhaps I'll do both of those today, and continue to do that on my off days.