View Single Post
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-13, 01:06

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

Demi, thanks for posting the link back to this thread on the maintenance weigh-in thread! I had forgotten about it, but it is interesting to look back at where I was last year and compare to now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckles
My revised list...

less processed meats - check
more veggies - needs work
keep reading lc fair - check
visiting this site daily - check

So I'm doing just okay. Really need to get with the veggies and hoping to do so as our grocery budget increases since the holiday expenditures are done with.

I found that this year I did way better with avoiding processed meats around the holidays than I have in previous years. I focused more on whole, unprocessed protein. This wasn't a conscious thing, just an evolution in my way of thinking about my woe.

I came to the conclusion that the reason why I have trouble with veggie intake at this time of year is because my veggie of choice is salad and that just doesn't appeal to me during the cold months. Again, I did not remember this thread and what I had written last year this time. I have been trying to make a conscious effort to include more veggies, including salads and been doing pretty well.

I have continued to read low carb/paleo/primal articles and such. Not really books, per se. More online material and webinars/videos. So I feel I have kept this habit up.

I have visited this site daily, at least reading and posting to journals. It's been a loooong time since I've looked at any of the main boards, but that's okay.

This has been a really tough year for me health-wise, but I have managed to maintain my weight loss because I am learning from my weaknesses, staying on the scale, and staying connected here. I said it last year, but I will say it again: for me it REALLY is all about accountability and not letting that scale go above a certain number without taking solid action.

My goals right now are to get up at a decent hour and to add more fish to my diet. I've been struggling with them all year as I have struggled with my health and lack of energy. I'm feeling good now and that is what my focus will be on.

The wonderful thing about this thread is that I can look back at where I was last year and see that I DID indeed make progress and learn and change some things. There's always areas of improvement, but it's nice to see where you have improved in black and white. LOVE this website/forum that makes that possible.

Think I'm going to add this to my list of links in my j so that I can keep up with this from year to year.