View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 18:31
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Amen. I got in really good shape over the summer, lost quite a few inches, but didn't lose one pound. Later that autumn/this winter, I slacked off, lost a fair bit of muscle tone and gained a noticible amount of fat. Still, the scale hardly budged. Now I'm back on track, toned, and see parts that were previously hidden by fat. Guess what? I'm still at that original weight. And no, my scale isn't broken.

<b>The scale does not determine your success!!!</b>

Here's an odd but true story: I read once of a lady who, after low-fat dieting forever, finally lost some weight rather quickly. She was thrilled - she swore that her clothes felt better, that she looked better, and she felt more confident - but then she realized that the numbers were only going down because her son had been playing with the zero mechanism on the scale. She was still her original weight.

What if you found out that your scale isn't working properly, and you actually weigh ten pounds more than you thought you did? Would you be crushed? What if it was ten pounds less? Would you jump for joy? <b>What difference does it really make?</b> It doesn't change how you look, how your clothes fit, or how you feel. At least, it shouldn't: it only does <b>if you let it.</b>