Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default Easy chicken recipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turmeric
Any ideas for great easy to make and quick meals for the busy young professional? Some ideas I had were to cook some chicken during my day off and refrigerate

Here's an easy way to do chicken:

Ingredients: About 8 chicken thighs, fresh garlic, olive oil, dried or fresh oregano and/or marjoram, lemon juice, (red pepper flakes), (cherry tomatoes)

Take it out of the fridge an hour or so before cooking if you can. The olive oil will be congealed otherwise. It isn't a disaster if you don't though.

Heat oven to 375' and arrange chicken on a foil covered cooking sheet (the kind with the low walls). Example of a 1/2 cooking sheet.

Cook for 30-45 minutes until the skin is nicely browned and crispy. If you used tomatoes they should be slightly charred.

Alternatives:

Add in 12-16oz of fresh cherry tomatoes to the marinade.

I've always bought the bottled lemon juice and was vindicated one day when I saw "Real Lemon" brand won a taste test challenge (even over a real, fresh lemon) on America's Test Kitchen. They're real snobby about food and the taste tester was quite contrite that he picked the concentrate as the best tasting. So... anyway, I buy the stuff in big containers from Costco. Very handy!