#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 12:25
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%
Cool Reassurance for those scale obsessed

Did I even spell obsessed right? Damn, who knows.

Anyway, just wanted to give all those like me who are a bit, um, scale crazy some reassurance that the scale just ain't all that.

Sometime during the weekend is my official weigh and record time. I weigh, take my waist measurement, and a picture if I feel in the mood and record it all. I actually weigh and measure every stinkin day, but only record once a week.

So, I get on the scale and see the stupid weight gain I noticed earlier in the week has not gone away! ACK!!! It isn't much-a pound or pound and a half, but still-no one wants to see the scale move to the left. So, I have to record a weight gain in my spread sheet and on fitday(I refuse to change my stats here-HA). Bugger. Then I decide to measure myself and realize my waist has gone down a bit, which is good-about two tenths of an inch. Then I decide to measure my thigh. I had done this about two weeks ago just to give myself another area to look at. My thigh measurement went down a half an inch since the last time I looked. SO-weight gained, but inches lost. Ha HA!! I am going to assume that the inches lost and weight gain is due to the exercise I do. I lift weights, and recently upped my weight load. Hopefully I am seeing muscle weight gained and will see weight on my body lost in the next week or two. Don't give up even if the scale tells you something you do not like.

The moral of the story is-screw the scale and measure. You never know what you might find (or actually lose).

Paleoanth
Sponsored Links