View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-12, 17:44

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 230/230/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Tai Chi, anyone?

Several years ago I purchased a Tai Chi book and DVD from one of those book sale stores--the kind that has all sorts of inexpensive publisher's overruns. This one features an Australian couple with thick accents demonstrating Tai Chi warm up and a simple form verrrrrry slowly (Tai Chi is supposed to be slow, but I think they make it even SLOWER).

I decided to try it and I'm really liking it. It's a little annoying because they face the audience and it's not meant to be mirror image--so they say move your right foot, they move their right foot on your left side. I found I had to learn it mirror image, and now I'm trying to learn it the way they intended so I can do it both sides. They wear bulky silk "pajamas" so it's kind of hard to see some of the body positions.

Anyway, this exercise really relaxes me, it's challenging enough to keep me interested, it feels good to move, and really seems to help when my back and hip are bothering me.

I just ordered a new DVD from a different tai chi teacher (David Dorian-Ross Tai Chi Beginning Practice) to see how that goes. His pace is certainly faster, from the sample I've seen.

Our Parks and Recreation department has classes, but they are ongoing, and I'm not sure I'm ready to try to catch up with an established class.

I was just wondering if others have had experiences with Tai Chi and how you like it.
Sponsored Links