View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-12, 00:30

Plan: My Own
Stats: 331/325/250 Male 6 feet
BF:
Progress:

I talked to my doc today. I actually had to go in for a sinus problem as well so that killed 2 birds with 1 stone. I've had a sinus thing going on for about 3 or 4 days. Never in my life have I felt such pain from a sinus infection that had no cold symptoms. Just incredible pressure and burning and pain. Horrible, wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Anyways, I managed to get in some thyroid talk as well. I got him to do a T4 and T3 screen, and also a testosterone screening. I talked to him about my weight loss problem and he told me getting the right dosage is sometimes hard because it's a non-linear relationship and a tiny change in med can cause big level changes, or none at all. He agreed to test me more often to keep an eye on the levels. Like I wrote, my weight loss has increased since I started the new med last week, this cold has kinda stalled that though with no exercise for the last 4 days. The doc also said that eating 2000 to 2500 cals a day for me is right where I want to be for weight loss at my size, but if I managed to take off a bunch that would have to be adjusted.

At least he was responsive to my concerns. At first he didn't want to do the T3 and T4 tests but agreed to do so when I told him of all the activity I do. Then again, he got on me about my cholesterol results from last week, which I thought was odd. My total cholesterol was 150, but my HDL was low by about 5 points. He wasn't happy with that, but I dropped almost 40 total points including a bunch of Triglycerides from my last test. IMO 150 total cholesterol is pretty damned good.

The other thing I found weird was my question about when to take the levo pill. I have been taking it before bed, since I usually have an empty stomach and no calcium or fiber or veggies for several hours. He really wants me to take it an hour before eating in the am. I told him that isn't going to happen, I barely get up in the morning and I'm not going to start getting up even earlier and waiting to eat. Does it really matter? As long as you take it on an empty stomach with lots of water does the time of day make a difference?