View Single Post
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Oct-12-11, 14:22

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

So how do all the other species do it then? Rather, do all other species also have a high infant mortality for any other reason than predators?

If humans were the top of the food chain, they wouldn't have to worry about predators. If humans didn't suffer the DOCs because they didn't eat the SAD, they wouldn't have to worry about anything related to the DOCs that would also affect infants. So no predators, no DOCs, then why the high infant mortality?

I don't get it. Humans have the single most powerful tool to their disposal: Their brain. Look at the wonders we've created with it. The I Caveman show tells us that if cavemen needed one thing more than anything else, it was their brain. Are we suggesting that reproduction was something they left to chance, that they didn't interfere or didn't make sure their offspring would make it by any means they could? But that's absurd. I'm certain that they would have had complete knowledge of reproduction and pregnancy in all its facets.

No, if anything, human infant mortality would have been lower than any other species once we started using our brain.