View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-11, 09:22

Plan: Intuitive eating
Stats: 200/125/- Female 1.62m (5'4")
BF:
Progress: 97%

I like CarbSane and her blog, because a lot of what she's been saying is what I've always wanted to say, but I didn't want to be considered rude or mean. Some people have been low-carbing for years (i.e. Jimmy Moore) and are still obese. No problem with that. What bothers me is when those people disparage other diets and promote low-carb as the only healthy diet or the only way to lose weight when it has clearly not worked for them and other diets have worked for other people. WTH?! If you are never hungry on low-carb, then why did you fall off the wagon? If low-carb always works, then why are you still obese? Low-carb is not a walk in the park and most people FAIL. It's plain to see, and I don't understand why so many deny it.

Jimmy Moore has recently spoken against the new My Plate recommendation, saying that such diets have made him fat. But a few years ago, he posted a menu on April Fool's Day that reflected the way he ate before low-carb. It was pure junk food. That diet was not low in fat, nor was it based on the food pyramid. Then how can he claim those recommendations have made him fat?

Somebody has to point out these inconsistencies and name names, because if you don't, nobody is going to pay attention. People need concrete examples.