View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jun-30-11, 20:11

Plan: Atkins, hCG Diet
Stats: 168/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:30%/25%/23%
Progress: 100%

I started induction after my post pregnancy weight started creeping upwards before reaching my start weight ~ 161 (which is 15-20 lbs above where I want to be). I knew I had to make a change in how I ate and carbs were at the root of feeling out of control and guilt ridden frequently. I found my son (9 weeks old when I went VLC) had a negative reaction at first. He did not want to breast feed sometimes and my intuition said it was due to a flavor change in the milk. I was eating lots more veggies and supplementing with Super Green to boot. That several day struggle lead to a clogged duct and some pain. Ultimately, it all worked itself out and he eased up on his occasional refusal to nurse and I got unclogged luckily before infection/fever took hold. I was not concerned with the quality of breast milk but I figured it didn't taste as sweet as it did with all the carbs floating around, lol. All in all I eat way better on induction than I did 2 weeks ago so how could that be a bad thing for breast milk? That being said, each mom must use her intuition/body awareness to decided how to proceed for her and baby.