View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-11, 19:48
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I remember reading about saddlebags being pretty much a permanent feature of those of us blessed with them. When I got very thin once, I still had them, but they got smaller.
Quote:
Answer: Saddlebags, a term we use to describe fat stored around the hips, thighs and butt, are very common in women. Unfortunately, spot reducing fat around the hips and thighs, or any other area of the body, won't work. While you can't remove fat from a certain area with specific exercises, you can lose overall body fat with diet and exercise. If you tend to store excess fat around the thighs, it may take a little longer to lose the fat there. Your genes and hormones determine where you lose fat so your best bet is to follow a consistent exercise program, eat a healthy, low-calorie diet and let your body respond to that. If you're losing inches, even if it isn't from that specific area, you're on the right track.

http://exercise.about.com/cs/butthi.../saddlebags.htm

I read that about the only way to get rid of them was through breastfeeding. They're sort of emergency fat stores for feeding a baby.