#601   ^
Old Sat, Apr-30-11, 18:02
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

Hi Everyone,

I'm a bicyclist and I'm a big Amazing Race fan and last night I got a chance to meet the host of the Amazing Race, Phil Keoghan.

The reason I got a chance to meet him was I just happened to stumble accross the following link:

http://www.noopportunitywasted.com/

...turns out Phil, who has been supporting MS as a charity rode accross America to raise money for MS. Ok, ok, actually he got the idea because his friends kept telling him that he would go through this mid-life crisis.. and do crazy things, but instead. . he took the challenge head on and instead of doing crazy things.. he.. uhm… rode across America in 40 days?

He and his wife (who happens to be a movie producer) made a film chronicling the ride, it's all in HD... and it was an incredible movie. I went to see it last night. If you're in one of the cities that they show it, GO.. it's well worth it whether or not you're a bike rider. If you're not, you can still download it online.

Edwards Cinema is donating the entire proceeds of each movie to MS. Last night when I went, there were 400 people in the theatre. Phil himself is attending each of the showings.

Those of you that have known me for awhile will remember that I did the MS-150 bike ride from Houston to Austin. Riding in an MS-150 was how Phil got started supporting MS also.

All told, between sponsorships, the film, and post ride fundraisings, "The Ride" has raised nearly a million dollars for MS.

A bit of serendipity that I stumbled on the link the day before the movie was in Houston for it's one day showing.. wow.

Mike

Here are Phil and I. I guess biking, at least across America, DOES make you skinny!

Sponsored Links